Vintage motorcycle warranty
Sold on the road-will be fully safety checked and running with any necessary replacement parts fitted. Supplied with an MOT (usually new) and UK age related registration, V5 and no plate.
1. Warranty is 3 months, except 2 strokes, which is 1 month. Commences from delivery date.
2. It is the responsibility of the buyer to return the vehicle to our premises so that remedial work can be undertaken. If distance makes this impractical then we will liaise with the customer to supply the parts only, we won’t be liable for 3rd party labour repair invoices.
3. Inclusions are any mechanical or electrical failure which has not occurred due to abuse eg lack of maintenance or oil
4. Exclusions are consumables such as batteries, tyres etc as well as poor running due to stale fuel
5. Delivery time can vary depending on the work required and parts needed, usually 6-8 weeks.
Sold ‘As is’ - No warranty other than the vehicle being as per our description on delivery.
These are motorcycles that have not been through our workshop nor have an MOT. They are not roadworthy and will need recommissioning. This can range from a full rebuild project to a safety check and carb tune up. In most cases they are still on US documentation. The prices of course reflect this and can be a good saving if the customer is able to undertake the work. We will supply you with the US title. All of our imported vehicles have been entered onto the NOVA database via our own link, a certificate can be supplied on request but not required for DVLA registration as they are linked to the NOVA database.
You will need to undertake the following;
1. Recommission the M/Cycle and obtain an MOT.
2. You will need to fill out a V55/5 which we can supply, most boxes do not require filling out such as Dba Noise, emissions etc as this applies to type approval which isn’t required due to age.
3. You need to have valid insurance on the bike. You can insure it on the chassis number.
4. Send to DVLA
a. US title or dating certificate if the title is missing. Include photos of vin/eng no if no title.
d. Proof of identity-see list on V355/5, normally copy of utility bill and passport/driving licence
e. £55+road tax, nil if 40+years old
f. Insurance cover note
Generally, the wait is around 14 days to receive back the V5 and authority to order a number plate. You will also receive back your MOT and copy bills but NOT THE US CERTIFICATE OF TITLE WHICH THEY DESTROY. Make a copy if it is of value such as proof of one owner motorcycle.